Published by Samhain Publishing on 11/12/2013
Buy on Amazon
MORE THAN WORDS
Molly Harris never intended to send that letter. It was only meant to be a secret record of her true feelings for her boss, gorgeous pediatrician Sam Shepard. But in the chaos of a crazy day at work, Molly accidentally hits “send” instead of “delete”.
Mortified by her mistake, Molly acts in the only way she can. She submits her notice of resignation. A professional-etiquette line’s been crossed, and there’s no going back.
Sam’s mouth goes dry—then it waters—when he discovers his receptionist has sent him a dirty love letter. Or to be more explicit, a wicked, erotic love letter, neatly outlining her many fantasies involving him.
Now Sam has two choices. Either he can be the ultimate professional and accept Molly’s resignation, or he can acknowledge the depths of his desire and maybe, just maybe, convince her to send him another saucy email…
Could cause the uncontrollable urge to write—and receive—dirty love letters. But proceed with caution…you’re going to want to act on those letters. Immediately.
#AussieWeek with Jess Dee
In November, the 3rd and final book in the More Than series released. The series is made up of three loosely connected novellas. They can be read in order as a series, or enjoyed as stand alone stories.
The books, More Than Friends, More Than Lovers and More Than Words are all erotic contemporaries romances. We are happy to have the author that wrote those books; Jess Dee. Let’s find out more about her, here’s some fun questions we just had to ask:
- Where in Australia do you live? Sydney, in the Eastern Suburbs, by the sea.
- Tell us what made you start writing? A passionate love for romance. While reading hundreds of Harlequin and Mills & Boons, I convinced myself I could write a book too. So when I was 21, and found I had the time between studying, I sat down and tried – and discovered I was wrong. I couldn’t write. The book was terrible! It took over ten years before I tried writing again. Fortunately, my second attempt was better than my first.
- Your favorite quote? Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. (I have no idea who said that, but it’s a great quote.)
- Your plane goes down and you and the pilot are stranded on a tropical island. No phones, no supplies. You…
- Freak out! Cry and have a nervous breakdown.
- Go Native. Fashion a “Blue Lagoon” outfit and settle in for the duration. Let’s see what that pilot has under those clothes.
- Put your pilot through his paces; let’s make him build a bonfire and catch some food.
- All of the above
My choice would have to be all of the above. But it would take a fair amount of time before moving from the freak out stage to the putting the pilot through the paces stage.
- What names do you write under and what genres? I write erotic, contemporary romance as Jess Dee.
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure food? Please, don’t make me choose. I love food, period. But I guess if I had to choose just one, right now it would be frozen yoghurt. Original flavor. With hot, melted chocolate on top.
- Since you already live in paradise, where in the world do you dream of traveling to, and why? I’m spoiled rotten. I dream of two places – and have seen them both. Alaska and the Game Reserve (safari) in South Africa. Traveling to Alaska was every bit as extraordinary as I’d hoped, and the game reserve is my favorite place on earth.
- What is your next book? And when does it release? My next book is called Summer Wine, and is the first book in the Tastes of Seduction series. It releases in early May, 2014.
- Dogs or Cats? Both. But hubby is deadly allergic to cats, so we have a dog – a fat but adorable puggle named Luigi.
- Finish this sentence: When I write I absolutely can’t do without …
Complete privacy. If there is anyone anywhere near me, I cannot write a word!
More Than Words: The blurb
He’s just seen the one thing that was meant for her eyes only.
Excerpt: More Than, Book 3
“Okay, let’s clear the air. Let’s get this out there so we can get on with the day.” Sam paused as though expecting her to object.
She didn’t. Why would she? She wanted to remain in her job more than she’d ever wanted anything. Except maybe for Sam.
“You made a mistake, that’s all. One mistake, which you tried to correct immediately. You can’t possibly believe I’d want you to leave because you sent me the wrong email.”
“It was quite an email, Doc. We can’t ignore that.”
“Of course we can’t. And I don’t want to.” His tone dropped, his lips softened and his mouth looked downright kissable. “I’m looking forward to the next one.”
Molly blinked. Her breath came in short, sharp pants, sending chills up and down her spine, and her heart raced like crazy. Hormonal, excited and relieved were not the only things she felt. No, there was a whole host of other emotions swirling around in her chest.
Okay, Molly. Focus. Stop thinking and respond to Sam. He’s waiting for you to say something.
“You really want another email from me?”
Sam nodded. There was his smile, back again, tugging at his lips, making him look sinfully sexy. And sensual. And beautiful…
Wait. Concentrate. Clarify. “Another dirty email?”
“More than I want my next breath.” His voice dropped to a hoarse whisper, his eyes darkened with desire and his pupils dilated. “There are all those contagious symptoms, Miss Molly. We need to explore them. Find out why they’re suddenly affecting both of us.”
For a second, Molly forgot how to breathe. Forgot there was even air in the room. Surely Sam had sucked it all into that blistering look of his?
She melted. Her legs gave way and had the chair not been beneath her, she’d have landed in a boneless puddle on the floor. His expression rendered her speechless.
One thing Molly had never been before was speechless.
Sam shifted from one foot to the other, as though he were suddenly in physical discomfort. “Never mind contagious. With the way I feel standing here looking at you, I suspect this may be the beginning of an epidemic.”
And there were the shivers again, racing up and down her spine, making the office seem electric. “S-Sam…”
His chest heaved. “I like the way you say my name.”
Molly blinked. Electricity zipped through the quiet rooms.
“Say it again,” he urged in that hoarse whisper.
The sound scraped over Molly’s skin, giving her goose bumps. Honestly, that was a bedroom voice. A whisper reserved for lovers.
Uh-oh. Her voice sounded equally bedroom-ish. And wasn’t that completely inappropriate for work? Molly shook her head, trying to clear the fog.
About the Author:
Jess Dee lives in beautiful Sydney, Australia, with her husband, their two sons and their insane dog – a ridiculously overweight puggle named Luigi.
An avid romance reader since her early teens, Jess knew one day, when she grew up, she’d have to write her own love stories. It might have taken a while, but in December of 2005, she finally got “the call.” Her first book, Photo Opportunity had been contracted. Now you can’t hold her down. She’s completed a whole host of books, and is finally doing the work she loves most— writing romance.
Jess likes to set her stories in Australia. Have a look at the gorgeous images on the page, and you’ll understand why it’s so easy to find romance in this beautiful country.
HeatWave Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Heat_Wave_Readers/
International Heat: http://intlheat.com
Down Under Divas http://downunderdivas.wordpress.com
Enter below to win a book from Author Jess Dee and a chance to win the GRAND PRIZE:
Silver & Crystal Kangaroo Necklace: