Since Book Savvy Babe site is down, I realize that some of my best posts are down as well. So, I will be re-posting some of my favorite Book Savvy Babe posts for Throw-Back Thursdays (#TBT)! This week, I bring you my own Mulled Wine Recipe 🙂
Today is a drizzly, cold day in So Cal and it’s the Holiday season, the perfect time for Mulled Wine. Last year, I was inspired by Felicia, at The Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog, to try my hand at the spiced, warm wine and it turned out pretty darned awesome. One of my new favorite holiday activities is snuggling with a great book and a mug of Mulled Wine. A few things to note about my recipe- I like my cocktails less-sweet than some people, and with more of a kick (more alcohol…) So, here’s my recipe and photos.
Book Savvy Babe’s Mulled Wine Recipe:
- 2 bottles of inexpensive Red Wine (I use Trader Joe’s $2 Chuck- Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 3/4-1 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp allspice (you can play around a bit with the spices, I use a heavier hand…)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 Oranges (1 sliced for mulling, 1 sliced for serving)
- 3 ounces of brandy or spiced rum. (I used 2 ounces of brandy and 1 Cointreau)
Put everything in the crock pot, simmer on low for 4 hours, or 2 hours on high. Serve with sliced orange. Enjoy! For those who like more of a kick, you can adjust brandy/rum to taste or preference.
I’m off to start my crock-pot. Let me know if you give the Mulled Wine Recipe a try, or if you make yours a different way. I love this holiday beverage and hope you enjoy it if you give it a try.